Redis Cache – Sitecore
What is Redis cache? Redis is an open source, in-memory data structure store, used as a database, cache and message broker. It supports data structures like strings, hashes, lists, sets, sorted sets with range queries, bitmaps, hyperlogs and geospatial indexes with radius queries.
Sitecore Azure Redis Cache is:
- High throughput
- High performance
Azure’s Redis Cache is based on the popular open-source Redis cache and it gives you access to a secure, dedicated Redis cache that can be accessed and managed within Azure.
Azure Redis Cache in 3 Tiers
Azure Redis Cache is available in 3 tiers: Basic, Standard and Premium!
Features of Sitecore Azure Redis Cache
Some of the beneficial features of Azure Redis Cache – Sitecore are as follows:
1. Azure Redis Cache offers high performance, helping your application to become more responsive even when user load increases. It also offers consistent low-latency data access to power fast, scalable Sitecore Azure applications.
2. Redis is an advanced key-value store. Keys can contain data structures like strings, hashes, lists, sets and sorted sets.
3. Redis behaves like a cache with features like transactions, publish/subscribe, Lua scripting and other configuration settings.
4. Another good thing about Redis is that you can use it from most of the programming languages used today.
5. It is pretty easy to use and manage. You can easily monitor the health and performance of your cache through the preview portal.
6. Creating your first Redis cache is easy and can be done within a few seconds. Even managing one is easier. See through an example below using the Microsoft Azure portal: